I’m typically not a huge pizza fan, however, sometimes I just crave it. I read about a “diet” version that uses portobellos instead of pizza crust and I was sold!
I prepped the ingredients: portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, fresh basil, pine nuts, and Saucy Solutions Bolognese sauce.
First you bake the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
Then you fill them with all the goodies and bake for 20 minutes. (You can stick them in the broiler for a minute or two at the end to get them crispier on top if you prefer them the way I do)
We even topped them with some sliced roasted garlic.
This recipe is a total WINNER. And for just 5 points, it’s hard to beat (just 3 points if you use a fat free tomato sauce!).
I really enjoyed the bolognese. It was hearty and full of flavor. It was even better over pasta. Nom Nom Nom.
Portobello Pizzas (Serves 2)
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- Cooking spray
- 1 tomato, sliced or 1 cup grape mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 Tbs. basil, sliced
- 1 Tbs. pine nuts
- 1/3 cup bolognese
- 3/4 cup Weight Watchers shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat to 350 degrees F
- Spray baking dish/pan with cooking spray and place mushrooms in
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Fill each with half of the remaining ingredients (cheese on top)
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes (broil at end if desired)
- Serve warm