I wanted something hearty and healthy one night, and after flipping through Hungry-Girls’ 1-2-3 cookbook, I decided to edit one of her recipes. She had oven-baked omelette lasagna which used zucchini instead of lasagna noodles (a recipe I MUST try, especially after ready about Lori trying it). Unfortunately, however, on this day I didn’t have zucchini. So I figured I’d forgo the lasagna part of the recipe and just make a giant baked omelette. And wow was it easy!
I basically just combined everything I’d normally put in an omelette (tomatoes and mushrooms being the key pieces, plus spices) and used fat-free liquid egg substitute (I happened to use Better’n Eggs since I had so much luck with Better’n Peanut Butter). We also threw in some Purdue Short Cuts for extra protein. Then I topped it with Weight Watchers shredded cheese…
And baked it…
The portion was HUGE for the points and I was totally stuffed after eating this.
One quarter of the full recipe is FIVE points! That is insane!
- 3 cups Better’n Eggs (they come in a 3 pack of 1 cup containers)
- 1/2 – 2/3 box of Purdue Short Cuts
- 1/3 cup canned tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 3/4 cup Weight Watchers Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- Salt & Pepper, Garlic Powder, Oregano to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray (sides too)
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except cheese
- Pour mixture into pan
- Top with cheese
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown and cooked through