On select Tuesdays, I’ll be posting “Tuesday Treats” which includes a few quick tidbits, links, and tips that I found interesting in the last few days about (what else?) Nomming.
Here is today’s first installment!
Some cool deals for food in NYC that sounded great (click on the links below to get more information and purchase the deals):
- 2 burgers for $5 at Elevation Burger : This place recently opened in Chelsea, and $5 will get you a choice of two hamburgers, cheeseburgers, or veggie burgers.
- $15 for $30 of Italian Food in Hell’s Kitchen: L’Allegria is actually on my list of places to try, so I’ll probably be purchasing this deal myself. It’s convenient to Broadway Theaters without the ridiculous Times Square prices (for usually mediocre food)
- $10 for $20 worth of food and drink at Murphy’s Tavern: Showing the Financial District some discount love
- Daniel Boulud doesn’t have gas for his new NYC restaurant, but the show must go on! I love Boulud’s restaurants, and I love that he can weather the hiccups that would normally whither any business owner.
- A friend recently recommended I visit a food blog, and it has a design that makes me very envious: http://www.immaculateinfatuation.com/
- Another food themed blog that I have been enjoying lately is The Way We Ate, which posts photos of ads and recipe pictures that were in Gourmet Magazine from decades past. This week is from 1942!