Easy? Love it!
S’Mores? YES YES!
Stuffed Bananas? Definitely!
So you split the banana horizontally and then stuff it FULL with crumbled graham crackers and chocolate.
The you top it with marshmallows and wrap it all up in tinfoil.
Then you unwrap a delicious gift.
Just the banana + stuffing is only THREE points! The dollop of fat free whip added 1 point. What a great treat!
Hungry Girl’s Easy Oven-Baked S’Mores-Stuffed Bananas
- 2 Tbl mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 sheet (4 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers, crushed
- 4 small bananas, unpeeled, ripe yet slightly firm
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Optional: Fat free reddi-wip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix chocolate chips with graham cracker crumbs in small bowl. Set aside.
- Lay bananas on a flat surface and cut a 3/4-inch-deep slit lengthwise in each from top to bottom. Cut two small slits width-wise at the top and bottom of each banana, to make opening the fruit easier
- One at a time, use a fork to pry open bananas slightly and fill each with 1/4 of the chocolate-crumb mixture. Evenly distribute marshmallows among the bananas, pressing them into the openings
- Thoroughly wrap each banana in foil that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, ensuring there are no openings for filling to escape. Place bananas on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until bananas feel very soft when gently squeezed with an oven mitt
- Serve immediately with spoons for scooping the gooey mixture out of the peels or, if you prefer, transfer the mixture from each banana peel into a bowl. Top with Reddi-wip, if you like, and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings